Caldwell House

Acquired in 1905, Caldwell House is probably the one which was deeded to Laban M. Wheaton by his father with his home farm. It was apparently sold and bought back again by Mrs. Wheaton, and was willed to the Seminary as part of the residue of her estate. Originally used to house male faculty and their families, it was made into two apartments in 1944, and further subdivided into three apartments in 1955. It now houses faculty and staff.

Caldwell House was named in 1944 in memory of the Seminary’s first principal, Eunice Caldwell, who remained a lifelong friend of Mrs. Wheaton.