Otherwise known as “King Cottage,” Mrs. Wheaton called this the “Double House” when she rented it to two families. She then left it to the College in her will.
King Cottage was the infirmary from 1908 to 1954, when it was remodeled into three faculty apartments and rededicated the Riddell House in honor of Agnes Riddell. It has since been renamed Campbell House.
When used as an infirmary, the first two floors had three hospital rooms with seven beds for patients, three bathrooms, modest living quarters for two nurses, a dispensary, kitchen and office. The attic had two small rooms with four beds for emergencies and isolation.