1913 - 1940
Grace F. Shepard
Grace F. Shepard was a member of the English department from 1913 to 1940 and author of Reference History of Wheaton College (1931).
Miss Shepard was commissioned by the trustees to prepare a history of Wheaton College for its centennial. The result was Reference History of Wheaton College (1931), a detailed compendium of information from alumnae letters and interviews, and other documents.
Shepard Court, which is used for faculty and staff housing, was named for Grace Shepard.