Plans for Everett Hall were drawn by architects, Cram & Ferguson, and President Samuel Valentine Cole was seeking funding for its construction when he suddenly died in 1925. Acting president and trustee, Dr. George T. Smart, brought this residence hall into being. It was named for Ida Josephine Everett, who lit the first fire upon its hearth at the building’s dedication in the fall of 1926
A faculty parlor, “Rose Parlor,” was used for faculty teas three afternoons in the week and after-dinner coffee on Sundays by 1934. Groups of seniors were invited to meet the faculty at these coffees. In 1938, a section of the basement was “fixed up” as a classroom for Mrs. Ballou’s Dramatic Theory and Practice course. In 1938 and 1939, the student rooms and stairways were repainted, “and the green color omitted.”
The ground floor of the north section, originally a dining hall, was converted into the College bookstore in 1978. In 1992, the bookstore was moved to the Old Town Hall and, in 1993, the space it had occupied in Everett was converted to student rooms and named Everett Heights, because the beds are lofted.