The porch columns from the original 1836 section of the Boarding House were used in this Greek temple erected on the western shore of Peacock Pond in 1935 following the demolition of the original dormitory. The sundial originally stood in a garden near the Boarding House.
A plaque states, “Here stand the pillars of Old Metcalf Hall 1836-1934.”
The Metcalf p
The temple has become a favorite spot for student portraits in the yearbook. Repairs were made to several of the columns during the summer of 1998.