McIntire Hall, built on Lower Campus in response to the trustees’ decision to expand enrollment, was designed by Howard L. Rich, of Rich & Tucker, Associates, the campus architects. This was the second dormitory to be built east of Peacock Pond. It was dedicated in 1959.
McIntire Hall was named for “Dr. Mac,” Walter Oscar McIntire, professor of philosophy and education from 1914 to 1941.