Hebe Parlors and Court
Built in 1933, Hebe Parlors and Hebe Court were named for the statue donated to Wheaton Female Seminary in 1884 by Eliza Baylies Wheaton. The statue originally stood between Mary Lyon Hall and the Boarding House but, when Kilham and Metcalf Halls were built, the statue was placed between them, and the area became known as Hebe Court.
Hebe Parlors connected with Metcalf and Kilham Halls via arched doorways. The twelve parlors, in which students could entertain their guests and dates, were named to commemorate dates and people important to Wheaton Seminary and the halls of Old Metcalf: Laban, 1835, Seventh Heaven, Tragedy, Comedy, Seminary, Eliza, 1933, Purgatory, Paradise, Broadway and Boarding House.
In 1947, the parlors were remodeled into three small faculty apartments and, during the 1980s, into offices. In 1989, a small apartment was created for an area coordinator. It was converted back to an office in the 1990s and back into an apartment after 2000.