1961 - 1963
Pratt’s Store & Marty’s Coffee House
Pratt’s Store (originally Rogerson’s Store) stood just east of the Wheaton Inn. Although it was only steps away, students had to ask permission to leave the Seminary campus to visit the store. Pratt’s Store housed Norton’s post office from the nineteenth century until 1957.
Marty’s Coffee House was a small but very popular shop next door to Pratt’s Store. The College acquired both properties in 1961. In an agreement with the College, “Marty,” Mrs. Ernest White, became the manager of the College snack bar in the Cage. Pratt’s Store and Marty’s Coffee House were demolished in 1963.